Fruit Logistica 2020
This year’s Fruit Logistica was affected by fears of the corona virus and some 130 stands from China – about 40% of the total number planned – were cancelled and left empty, the remainder being staffed by locally based employees. Other measures were taken too – hand sanitisers were distributed throughout the halls and more regular cleaning was arranged as the organisers attempted to ease concerns about possible contamination.
However, despite these fears, the exhibition was still very well attended. An estimated 70,000 people from 125 countries worldwide attended the leading, global, fresh produce show and TomaTech was one of 3,000 companies to exhibit.
We attended for our 3rd consecutive year, increasing the size of our stand and trying out a new location in large new hall on the ground floor. Our stand welcomed many visitors, both planned and spontaneous, giving our global team the opportunity to come together and meet many of our international customers. Our stand showcased some of our best new tomato varieties and whole new collections such as Flavor Mates, our new high flavor, high color, high aroma & high brix medium cocktail collection which can be seen by following these links: https://www.virtualmarket.fruitlogistica.de/en/The-New-Collection,p1604247 & https://www.virtualmarket.fruitlogistica.de/en/The-Flavor-Mates-Collection,p1604253 .
We are hiring !!
Come and join our growing team.
We are looking for a VP Marketing & Sales
- Global Marketing & Sales
- Strategic Planning
- Lead the TomaTech business across global markets to achieve profitable growth and to reach leadership position in key markets & segments.
- Set ambitious and realistic business objectives, develop a sound marketing strategy and drive its implementation to reach short, mid and long-term targets.
- Foster innovation and entrepreneurial behavior, build Marketing and Sales capabilities across the company markets.
- Develop and monitor the execution of company M&S strategy, policies & procedures
- Coach and develop the regional Marketing team
- Responsible for Planning, Marketing Services & Forecasting.
- Actively lead demand creation along the value chain through downstream marketing.
knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Familiar with the Seeds & fresh product industry
- Marketing (concepts, marketing mix principles, Branding,Segmentation etc)
- Market strategy development
- Financial analysis
- Broad product knowledge in the fruit and vegetable business
- Knowledge of influencers and channel management
- Senior roles in sales management in the seeds business)
- People and business management
- Project management
- Evolving fresh products downstream activities
- Organizational change management
- Marketing plan development
- Competition analysis
- Product positioning
- Product launch strategy development and implementation
- Application of Value Pricing & Selling techniques
- Application of segmentation to drive business value creation
- Team development & building
Critical Experience, Qualifications and Requirements:
- Demonstrated commercial track record in horticulture > 8 years in business.
- Hands on horticultural production experience
- Graduate qualification in agriculture and business administration( MBA) – preferred or a related discipline.
- Ability to undertake regular and frequent travel
- Valid driver’s licence.
If you are looking for a new challenge and meet the criteria above, please contact us at:
TomaTech, Appoints New CEO
We are very pleased to share with you the exciting news of the appointment of Ofer Ben Zvi as our new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the appointment of Favi Vidavski, PhD, as our president and head of R&D.
Mr Ben Zvi and Dr. Vidavski’s new roles will enable us at TomaTech to unlock the substantial potential of our tomatoes and other crops, to fast-track sales growth of our commercial seeds such as SugarDrop® and TomaMuse®, penetrate new markets and strengthen our share in existing markets.
Future Seminar- The Future of the Tomato market- The Netherlands 2019
Innovative breeding- In September we held our first ‘Future Seminar’ in which we thoroughly examined the whole chain from Growers to Consumers to identify trends, needs and desires for the next 5 to 10 years. We involved our team of breeders ,customers, partners, specialists and research to stimulate ourselves to originate new areas for research and development. It was highly successful event and some very exciting new concepts came out of it. We will now allocate time, resources and money developing them into solid products in the next 5 years….Watch this space!